[Olsr-users] OLSRd and WDS

Juliusz Chroboczek (spam-protected)
Fri Oct 17 22:13:04 CEST 2008

>> Not necessarily.  A number of 802.11 devices (typically softmac ones) are
>> able to simultaneously implement ad-hoc and master mode on a single radio.

> I have tested a lot of different cards (using madwifi) with both modes
> at the same time and what you get is an unstable and "unpredictable"
> platform.

That surprises me a bit, since the stock Fon firmware for the Fonera uses
two APs on a single radio.  They're both in master mode, though.

I've tried it on Broadcom (OpenWRT) with 2.6.25, and it didn't work.  I'll
be building .27 versions of OpenWRT for Broadcom and Atheros as soon as
it's included in OpenWRT, I'll let you know how it goes.

(.26 has serious bugs in ad-hoc mode, which is why I'm waiting for .27)

                                        Juliusz