[Olsr-users] Mobile robotics

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Oct 2 10:02:18 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag 02 Oktober 2008 09:53:00 schrieb Nelson Gonçalves:
> Hi,
>
>  I am working with mobile robots and need a way to route messages
> among computers at mobile robots (using wlan) and also computers using
> ethernet connections.
>
>  My idea is to setup olsrd at each computer (mobile and fixed) and
> write a plugin to filter my message types. While reading the docs, it
> was not clear to me if olsrd can use ethernet connections. Also I need
> to be able to identify each olsrd with a unique name or key.
>
>   Thus, my question is: can I use olsrd for routing messages among
> fixed and wireless computers ?
Yes you could do this... but it might be easier to use olsrd as the wireless
backbone (with HNA entries to connect to the ethernet) and use simple unicast
UDP packages for your messages.

If you need network wide flooding/broadcast of messages, the BMF-Plugin might
be a sollution (if you put OLSRd even on your ethernet connected computers).

It depends on the messages (who generates them, who needs to receive them).

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)