[Olsr-users] OLSRd and WDS

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Oct 2 08:16:23 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch 01 Oktober 2008 22:26:22 schrieb Derek C:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use WDS with OlSRd and and shared pool of IP addresses
> (not all Natted at the local OLSRd AP point?.
WDS is a MAC layer communication between accesspoints I think, so (at the
moment) it's completely indipendant of OLSRd. The problem is OLSRd needs
AdHoc mode...

> What I wondering really is: Is it possible to allow clients to roam
> between multiple OLSRd nodes transparently and smoothly?  This would be
> nice in a high node density area.
If the client has an OLSRd instance itself it should work without problems...
if not it will be a little bit more tricky. We talked about the idea some
time ago, but it's not on our todo list. If you have ideas how to implement
this feel free to talk about them (or send patches ! :) ).

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)