[Olsr-users] Received HNA from NON SYM neighbor

Derek C (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 21 18:55:35 CET 2008

Hi Aaron,

One of my tests is very simple:  I have one x86 (WRAP) box connected to
the Internet with a single wireless card/antenna and I have a box board
with just the wireless card.

By putting in a static route on the 2nd box I have Internet access.

I'm using the same OLSRd configuration in both boxes EXCEPT that on the
2nd box I have the Hna4 section commented out.  I'm not using the dyn_gw
plugin.

If you'd like I can copy & paste HTTP info text and debug output?

The configuration file I'm using (2nd box with Hna4 commented out) is below

thanks,

Derek

# Debug level(0-9)
# If set to 0 the daemon runs in the background

DebugLevel      0

# IP version to use (4 or 6)

IpVersion       4

# HNA IPv4 routes
# syntax: netaddr netmask
# Example Internet gateway:
# 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

Hna4
{
        0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
        }

# HNA IPv6 routes
# syntax: netaddr prefix
# Example Internet gateway:
#Hna6
#{
#     ::              0
#    fecb:ab:ed:: 48
#    fecb:ff:dd::dd:d 48
#    fec0:2200:106:: 48
#    fec0:2200:106:0:0:0:0:0 48
#}

# Should olsrd keep on running even if there are
# no interfaces available? This is a good idea
# for a PCMCIA/USB hotswap environment.
# "yes" OR "no"

AllowNoInt      yes

# TOS(type of service) value for
# the IP header of control traffic.
# If not set it will default to 16

#TosValue       16

# The fixed willingness to use(0-7)
# If not set willingness will be calculated
# dynammically based on battery/power status

Willingness     4

# Allow processes like the GUI front-end
# to connect to the daemon.

IpcConnect
{
     # Determines how many simultaneously
     # IPC connections that will be allowed
     # Setting this to 0 disables IPC

     MaxConnections  1

     # By default only 127.0.0.1 is allowed
     # to connect. Here allowed hosts can
     # be added

     Host            127.0.0.1
     #Host            10.0.0.5

     # Specify entire net-ranges that are
     # allowed to connect

     #Net             192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0
     Net              2.0.0.0 255.0.0.0
}

# Wether to use hysteresis or not
# Hysteresis adds more robustness to the
# link sensing but delays neighbor registration.
# Used by default. 'yes' or 'no'

#UseHysteresis  yes
UseHysteresis   no

#LinkQualityLevel       2

# Hysteresis parameters
# Do not alter these unless you know
# what you are doing!
# Set to auto by default. Allowed
# values are floating point values
# in the interval 0,1
# THR_LOW must always be lower than
# THR_HIGH!!

#HystScaling    0.50
#HystThrHigh    0.80
#HystThrLow     0.30

# Polling rate in seconds(float).
# Default value 0.05 sec

Pollrate        0.05

# TC redundancy
# Specifies how much neighbor info should
# be sent in TC messages
# Possible values are:
# 0 - only send MPR selectors
# 1 - send MPR selectors and MPRs
# 2 - send all neighbors
#
# defaults to 0

TcRedundancy    0
#TcRedundancy   2

#
# NatThreshold
#
# (currently this is only in the freifunk firmware)
# If the NAT-Endpoint (the preferred 0/0 HNA
# emitting node) is to be changed, the ETX value of the current 0/0 is
# compared to the new one. If the ETX difference is too small, the default
# route isn't changed.
#NatThreshold  0.9

#
# MPR coverage
# Specifies how many MPRs a node should
# try select to reach every 2 hop neighbor
#
# Can be set to any integer >0
#
# defaults to 1

MprCoverage     1

# Olsrd plugins to load
# This must be the absolute path to the file
# or the loader will use the following scheme:
# - Try the paths in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
#   environment variable.
# - The list of libraries cached in /etc/ld.so.cache
# - /lib, followed by /usr/lib
#LoadPlugin "olsrd_secure.so.0.5"
#{
#       PlParam         "Keyfile"       "/etc/olsrd-secure-key.conf"
#}

#LoadPlugin "olsrd_dyn_gw.so.0.4"
#{
#    PlParam     "key4"   "value3"
    # Might be possible to set options here in
    # future versions
#}

# olsrd_dyn_gw.so.0.1
# olsrd_power.so.0.1

LoadPlugin "olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1"
{
        PlParam "Net" "0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0"
        PlParam "port" "8080"
        }

LoadPlugin "olsrd_txtinfo.so.0.1"
{
        PlParam "accept" "192.168.5.205"
        }

# We use the fisheye extension
LinkQualityFishEye 1
LinkQualityDijkstraLimit 5 10.0

terfaces and their rules
# Omitted options will be set to the
# default values.
Interface "ath0"
{

    # IPv4 broadcast address to use. The
    # one usefull example would be 255.255.255.255
    # If not defined the broadcastaddress
    # every card is configured with is used

    #Ip4Broadcast       255.255.255.255

    # IPv6 address scope to use.
    # Must be 'site-local' or 'global'

    # Ip6AddrType               site-local

    # IPv6 multicast address to use when
    # using site-local addresses.
    # If not defined, ff05::15 is used

    #Ip6MulticastSite   ff05::11

    # IPv6 multicast address to use when
    # using global addresses
    # If not defined, ff0e::1 is used

    # Ip6MulticastGlobal        ff0e::1

    # Emission intervals.
    # If not defined, RFC proposed values will
    # be used in most cases.

    # Hello interval in seconds(float)
    HelloInterval   6.0

    # HELLO validity time