[Olsr-users] Hiding the AdHoc network? (This is the fix to my olsrd problem!!!!)

Derek C (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 13 12:11:03 CET 2008

Hi Aaron,

Yes - static routes work.

But I don't think that this necessarily means the problem is with OLSRd.
It could be that madwifi is not passing the broadcast packets correctly.
I do remember having problems with madwifi, diversity and OSPF around a
year ago where 50% of the OSPF "hello" packets were being lost because
madwifi was trying to send them out the disconnected antenna connector.

I've been trying out different combinations of the diversity settings also
but it doesn't appear to make any difference.

The one thing that does appear to make things work is to not hide the
adhoc ssid.

I also suspect that the problem is only with my x86 kamikaze_8.09 boxes
and perhaps NOT with my Atheros mips box.  I'm getting two more atheros
boards in the next day or two so I'll know more then maybe.

Derek