[Olsr-users] 802.11S

Kim Hawtin (spam-protected)
Tue May 20 09:49:03 CEST 2008

Hi guys,

Filipe Abrantes wrote:
> When using an 802.11s network, all nodes within that network will appear
> as if they are 1-hop (L3) away from each other (although I don't really
> know if 11s implements pure broadcast).

There is lots of broadcast and multicast on the XO via plain wired ethernet,
so I dare say there is plenty on the wireless mesh interface as well.

> So, what would happen if you ran olsrd on top of the 11s network
> would be to have all nodes creating direct routes (no L3 gateway)
> to each other.

Has anyone tried?

I have access to a couple of OX's, some APs and some peecees that alreay run
olsr...
Will dig out the graphviz scripts and see what happens.

cheers,

Kim
--
Operating Systems, Services and Operations
(spam-protected)