[Olsr-users] 802.11S

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri May 16 16:42:52 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Don Moskaluk <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> I new to this list can anyone tell me if this software is compliant with
> IEEE 802.11S?
802.11s is a not-finished routing system based on layer 2 (MAC-Layer).
Olsrd is a mature routing daemon working on layer 3 (IP).

No, they cannot be compatible (one mode of 802.11s is inspired by
olsr, but it's difficult to say as long as we have no final
RFC/Release.

"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kämem wir hin, und niemand
ginge, um einmal zu schauen, wohin man käme, wenn man ginge." (Kurt
Marti)