[Olsr-users] Error in setting up OLSR network

TARUN CHAPLOT (spam-protected)
Thu May 15 08:56:40 CEST 2008

Hi Everyone,
We are trying to create an Ad-hoc network of four nodes using OLSR such
that all four nodes should be able to ping each other and transmit data
from node to node.  Right now, we have deployed it where three of the
nodes are running Mac OSX 10.5, and the last is an IBM thinkpad on XP.
The Macs have been set up to broadcast their IDs, but the one on XP are
working just as end points (clients) without broadcasting.  On the macs,
I created a network with same SSID "XYZ" and node A is joining the
netwok XYZ. Thus all four nodes are a part of same network named XYZ.

When we use just three nodes A(XP)<->B(mac)<->C(mac) then its possible
to ping from A to C, and transmit data back and forth.

But when we use A(xp)<->B(mac)<->C(mac)<->D(mac) where B,C,D are now
broadcasting the same network under same SSID and A is a client then we
are not able to ping A to D and it stops pinging C and B as well.
However, in OLSR, we can still see all the connections and IPs of all
the nodes.

Can anybody suggest what may be the possible reason for this breakdown?
Or what is the best way to set up Ad-hoc network of up to 10 nodes while
using OLSR where all nodes should be able ping each other and transmit
data assuming each node is a laptop and using its wireless interface.

Some more details about the deployment and configuration:
On the Macs, we have altered the config file by commenting out HNA4 and
we have stated the interface names (e.g. en0 and en1)

Thanks in advance for your help!