[Olsr-users] olsr over WAN and LAN

Victor (spam-protected)
Mon Mar 31 17:54:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to setup OLSR over WAN and LAN at the same time on Linksys
WRT54GL's. So far I can enable OLSR on WAN or LAN by itself and it works
fine, however once I enable OLSR on both WAN and LAN, the router does not
seem to be forwarding data from LAN to WAN ie

                                        WIFI
WIFI

PC-----------LAN - LINKSYS - WAN------------------------------WAN-LINKSYS

>From a PC (also running olsr) I can ping all wifi units to which the router
directly connected can see. However the PC cannot ping any of the linksys
routers which are connected on the network on the WAN side.

Does anyone know why this is?

This is my configurations in the Freifunk webpages

WIFI

IP - 104.3.93.1

Netmask - 255.0.0.0

LAN:

Protocol - OLSR

IP - 104.3.93.2

Netmask - 255.0.0.0

Nat -Enabled

Firewall -Disabled

WAN

Protocol - OLSR

IP - 104.3.93.3

Netmask - 255.0.0.0

If your interested in why I am doing this, I have changed the OLSR code so
that I can have multiradio functionality. I've managed to test it with some
success with the routers communicating through the network but once I
connect a PC with OLSR, it ignores everything on the WAN network

Cheers,
Victor