[Olsr-users] EIGRP...

John Clark (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 13 23:44:48 CET 2008

Florian RODARY schrieb:
> Actually I think you're underestimating firms like Cisco ;)
> They often develop their own protocols, sometimes eventually leading
> to a normalization.
> If they think OLSR protocol can serve their business plan, they will
> not hesitate to implement it.

I've run across this a couple of times in other areas, but in this case,
I think, and at the moment
this is just a guess, that CISCO has no intentions of integrating OLSR
in to their suite of
supported protocols. They seem to be on the path which is support what
is absolutely required
for interoperability, and even then do it half-assed, especially if they
have a proprietary protocol
that they would rather get contract 'lock in' capability... so, when a
customer puts out an request
for quote, and says, 'must support EIGRP', that really means CISCO is
going to get the business
for the routing equipment, no matter who gets the contract for
installation or integration. Of course
EIGRP is 'superior' to OSPF... and especially CISCO's version... for
example...

I was just wondering if someone has a stealth package in their back
pocket...

John Clark.