[Olsr-users] [OT] BSSID Partitioning on Broadcom

Juliusz Chroboczek (spam-protected)
Tue Mar 11 20:22:00 CET 2008

> I was under the impression that the BSSID partitioning issue had been
> solved in 2006 but my two broadcom nodes seem to choose their BSSID (or
> cell as it appears in the output of iwconfig) from thin air while the
> atheros card just uses the one I have specified.

The ``b43'' driver in recent 2.6 kernels has this problem.  There's
a fix in the netdev tree (one of the numerous Linux devel trees), but
it hasn't been merged into mainline yet.

I have no idea about the proprietary ``wl'' driver used in the 2.4
kernels used in 7.09.

So the best bet, as far as I'm concerned, is to wait until the netdev
patches percolate down to Kamikaze, and then switch to the 2.6 kernel.

                                        Juliusz