[Olsr-users] MIC metric [was: Mesh Networks Research Group]

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 26 11:29:54 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag 26 Juni 2008 11:14:04 schrieb aaron:
> Yes because I am just wondering how we can integrate that into our real
> life networks.
> Very often we have a "JABOL" (just a bunch of linksyses) cross connected
> via LAN cables.
> So the radio would come in lets say at channel 1, go to the LAN and go
> out on a different linksys on channel 13.
> This would be ideal from a MIC point of view. But how does MIC deal with
> that when there is a LAN connection?
> So I guess there needs to be above mentioned modification to MIC then?
> ("LAN == independent wifi connection that never collides")
We just have to switch off the "multiply metric by number of 1-hop neighbors
on interface" part of the metric for non-colliding interfaces like Ethernet.

That's all I think.

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)