[Olsr-users] Mesh Networks Research Group

Juliusz Chroboczek (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 19 13:59:58 CEST 2008

>>> we use OLSR + QOS.

>> OLSR has no concept of channels/diversity. So do you just use the
>> olsr network with dual interfaces, but without channel-aware
>> routing ?

> each interfaces works in a different frequency band: 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
> there are two different mesh networks "living" together.

We understand that.

What we are saying is that in a double-frequency network, choosing
optimal routes involves selecting hops so as to minimise
self-interference and interference.  This is known as maximising route
diversity.

Using diversity in a routing protocol is non-trivial thing, since
neither Dijkstra's nor Floyd-Warshall's algorithms are able to deal
with metrics that take diversity into account (such metrics don't
satisfy the condition of ``isotonicity'' that both Dijkstra and FW
require).

Seeing how you are marketing a mesh routing solution based on two
radio nodes, we were curious to know how you deal with this very
interesting problem.  Could you please confirm that you are using
unmodificied OLSR, and do not take route diversity into account?

                                        Juliusz