[Olsr-users] Re : Probleme of network topology discovery

Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Mon Jun 2 21:53:01 CEST 2008

Well, we are entering the fields of (at least for me) speculation and
non confirmed experiences.
I got the impression after talking with many people that there have
been repeated problems with atheros *in adhoc mode* in linux
(it works fine in managed mode or as AP).

Intel seems to be pretty good since they were very helpful with linux
drivers.
Maybe someone here on this list has more experience and is willing to
share it concerning drivers.
I just know that the Vienna network works mostly on broadcom chips
which come with a binary driver. It is not open, but it works very
stable.
That I can say out of experience. The sensitivity of the broadcom
(linksys etc) is not that good. But stability is ok.

a.