[Olsr-users] Maybe problem when disabling all olsr network interfaces

Joerg Pommnitz (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 2 15:29:02 CEST 2008

Hannes,
I gave this latest patch a try as well. It doesn't cause regressions,
but I'm not sure it causes any improvements either. Sometimes the
routes really vanish immediately, but sometimes they linger around
for some time (I have seen 13 sec, using the default LQ olsrd.conf).

So I'm not sure that this is really different from what I saw
previously.

BTW, doing this testing I observed something else that smells like
a misfeature (good software doesn't have bugs :-)):
I have two nodes in my test setup:
172.16.0.5 is the one I'm using to enable and disable the interface,
172.16.0.6 is there to provide some routes itself and two HNA,

If 172.16.0.5 vanishes, than 172.16.0.6 keeps an entry in the TC table

Src          Dst        LQ           ETX
172.16.0.6   172.16.0.5 0.600/0.749  2.225

Everything else is empty. This TC entry will not change until the
other node (172.16.0.5) comes back.

--
Regards
       Joerg