[Olsr-users] Routing problems with multiple interfaces

David Murray (spam-protected)
Fri Jan 25 11:49:30 CET 2008

Hi Aaron,

I tried out olsr 5.5 in my 6 node testbed today, node having two
wireless interfaces. My experiences so far have been nothing but
positive. I compiled it on debian etch machines and created .debs for
my WRAPs running voyage linux. Everything worked seemed to work well.

I am however still having issues with the OLSR routing table sometimes
being slightly different from the kernel routing table. OLSR does not
seem to recover from these discrepancies no matter how long it is left
for. The only workaround (that I am aware of) to overcome this problem
is to do a "ifconfig ath0 down" wait 1 second and then a "ifconfig ath1
up". This seems to reset the kernel routing tables. Do you know of any
other ways to reset the kernel routing table. It seems that routing
entries are never aged out.

Thanks again

Dave