[Olsr-users] Broadcast Packets & Windows Routing

Roar Bjørgum Rotvik (spam-protected)
Fri Feb 22 13:41:20 CET 2008

Erik Tromp wrote:
>>> Using a polling mechanism to read the packets to be forwarded would
>>> seriously impact the forwarding performance. Unless the polling is
>>> done 1000 times/second, but that would monopolize the CPU.
>> Who talks about polling ?
>>
>> just use a select() statement to wait until one of the
>> sockets receive a message.
>>

> Who? The current OLSR implementation. In the current OLSR plugin system
> the only possibility is to register your plugin function with a polling
> time interval (olsr_register_scheduler_event).
>
> The support for plugins to register their own packet handler is currently
> not in OLSR, or is it? Maybe I missed something there?

A plugin can use the function add_olsr_socket() (see src/socket_parser.c) to add a socket
and a callback function so that the main event loop (select()?) in olsrd may call a
function in the plugin when data is available.

Is this what you asked for?

--
Roar Bjørgum Rotvik