[Olsr-users] OLSRv5.5 questions

David Murray (spam-protected)
Fri Feb 8 05:24:25 CET 2008

Hi,

I just have a few questions about the configuration options in olsrd 5.5.

1. What is the FIBMetric? Is FIB an acronym for (Forwarding Informatoin
Base)? What is the difference between flat, correct and approx.

2. The LinkQualityWinSize. Is this the number of LQ packets over which
the link quality is averaged? Also the PollRate, is this the frequency
that the LQ is checked by the routing protocol?

3.Under the Interfaces section of the configuration file there is a
HelloInterval and a HelloValidityTime. The hello interval how many
times a second hellos are sent out and the validity time is the number
of seconds that they are averaged over? This leaves me a little
confused as to the difference between the LinkQualityWinSize and the
HelloValidityTime. From my understanding they are both the number of
hello messages over which olsr is averaged.

Thanks for your time

Dave