[Olsr-users] olsrd problems

Mandelfi (spam-protected)
Fri Dec 19 22:39:40 CET 2008

Hi all,

i am running olsrd 0.5.6-r3 on some OpenWRT platforms (foneras and NS2).
The OpenWRT version is the 8.09_RC1. I do not use 802.11 adhoc mode but
atheros ahdemo mode since it enables great performances on long shoots.

I have several problems : first of all, I notice that the olsr daemon is
quite slow to start : I generally have to wait for two or three minutes
before seeing OLSR routes with the command "route -n". Second, all the
routes have a metric of two, which was not the case with 0.4.x versions
of olsrd. Do you think that these two points are normal or I have a
problem with my configuration ?

Thanks

Drien