[Olsr-users] Insert routes into multiple tables

List Receiver (spam-protected)
Thu Dec 4 19:53:11 CET 2008

> > So, based on the above, does anyone have a recommendation?
>
> I'm probably missing something.
>
> Shorewall is a tool for maintaining packet filtering rules.  OLSR is
> a routing daemon, i.e. a tool for maintaining routing tables.
>
> Why are you using shorewall to maintain routing tables?
>
>                                         Juliusz

I'm using Shorewall's multi-isp routing capabilities...hence it gets
involved with the routing tables.

I actually just fixed this last night.  The latest version of Shorewall
has an option in it's config file to use the default routing tables
in a multi-isp configuration.  It only puts two routes in the
ISP-specific tables, and leaves everything else in either main or
default.  This solved my problem, as routes that olsr was putting in
the main table are now honored by the Shorewall-created tables.