[Olsr-users] BMF-Plugin in UnicastPromiscuous mode

Joerg Pommnitz (spam-protected)
Fri Aug 22 14:21:05 CEST 2008

Hello all (esp. Erik),
I'm wondering about something I noticed in the bmf-1.6.1 plugin:

In UnicastPromiscuous it creates for every OLSR interface both an AF_INET
and an AF_PACKET socket and listens for incoming packets on both sockets
(both CreateListeningSocket and CreateEncapsulateSocket call
AddDescriptorToInputSet). Doesn't this mean that the plugin sees a
BMF-Packet addressed to this node twice (on purpose, not just by accident)?
One copy should fail in the duplicate packet detection, but I thought this
was not part of the normal operation and only meant to prevent loops.

--
Regards
       Joerg