[Olsr-users] olsr.org olsrd and nrlsmf

Charles Wyble (spam-protected)
Mon Aug 18 17:42:45 CEST 2008

Henning Rogge wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 16:49, Bernd Petrovitsch <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 07:37 -0700, Joerg Pommnitz wrote:
>> [....]
>>
>>> BTW: Is there a way to get the MAC address additionally to the IP address with recvfrom?
>>>
>> Of the original sender of the packet: Not if another router is
>> inbetween. You will then see the MAC address of the last router which
>> resent the packet.
>>
> Just to be sure... there is a good way to get the MAC address of
> incoming IP messages of 1-hop neighbors ?

On a cisco one would do show neighbors. On a Linux box you could

1) Run some logic to get IP addresses of 1 hop neighbors
2) arp <ip of 1 hop neighbor> in a for loop.

I haven't deployed OLSR yet so don't know how to do step 1 but I'm
guessing it's trivial.

--
Charles Wyble (818) 280 - 7059
http://charlesnw.blogspot.com