[Olsr-users] How to lower the ETX manually in the new OLSR ????

h2o-post (spam-protected)
Wed Aug 13 22:27:39 CEST 2008

Hi Freifunker,

In our village we have around 40 FF nodes and 3x 5GHz backbone p2p links
between 3 dedicated Freifunk nodes.
The settings we used till FF 1.6.29 to set those 5GHz links as prefered
links was the following:
We used the OLSR LQ factor field to set the ETX value to a value ´smaller
than 1 ... with the entry "IP:100.0" the ETX was than around 0.0x ... that
leads to a "alway use the 5GHz backbone link" behavior.
>From now on with the 1.6.30 release ... the OLSR LQ factor field with
"IP:100.0" increases the ETX to something around 90.. or better the new
"COST" metric is very high ... so the backbone is not used anymore. Is there

a chance to lower the ETX value to dedicated neigbors ???
What settings do we have to change to set the ETX artificially lower than 1
????

Bye Bluse