[Olsr-users] 802.11n and Beamforming in order to avoid airtime consumption

Benjamin Henrion (spam-protected)
Sun Aug 10 22:57:25 CEST 2008

(a bit OT, but still on topic for some readers)

Hi,

I wonder if someone has already tried the 802.11n devices outdoor in
order to test the beamforming capabilities.

That would be a great improvement for mesh, since we have this airtime
issue which is forbidding nodes to transmit when the carrier is
occupied by some other neighboors.

The ath9k driver has been recently released for linux, I wonder if it
works well for outdoor configurations, and in 5ghz.

Nobody has experience with that?

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403