[Olsr-users] Why BMF is forwarding the multicast packets as unicast?

(spam-protected) (spam-protected)
Tue Oct 23 18:58:01 CEST 2007

Greetings,

The scenario consists of two nodes working in ad-hoc mode with each
node running olsr v-0.5.3 and BMf plugin 1.5.1. In my case, If Node A
generates the multicast traffic with MGEN then instead of receiving
the multicast packtes the Node B receives the unicast packtes and it
ackknowledges the individual packtes as well. I am using 235.1.1.12 as
the multicast address.

This behavior has been observed by capturing the packets on Node B
using WireShark and even by sniffing the 802.11 traffic and each
packet has its src.addr [Node A] and dest.adr [Node B] --> not
235.1.1.12.

Ok, the same is true if the ad hoc network consist of three nodes with
olsr-bmf running.

I have the following lines for the OLSR-BMF,

   LoadPlugin "olsrd_bmf.so.1.5"
   {
       PlParam "BmfInterface" "bmf0"
	PlParam "CapturePacketsOnOOlsrInterfaces" "yes"
   }

Curious to know the reason.

Best wishes,
Aamir