[Olsr-users] Olsr-users Digest, Vol 6, Issue 1

John Hay (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 27 11:49:35 CET 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 11:19:26AM +0100, Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> On Die, 2007-11-27 at 11:02 +0100, Aaron Kaplan wrote:
> > hm, well at that time there apparently was only that one SoC which
>
> I'm pretty ignorant (read: it's low on my priority list) with OLPC but
> which month/year was "that time"?
>
> > could continue to mesh layer 2 frames while everything else was
> > suspended (CPU, RAM, flash hard disc, ...).
>
> Uuuuh, I hope there is no hidden agenda somewhere which brought this
> feature request into the requirements specification to force everyone to
> use the single only possible solution.

Well I think their problem is pretty real... If the OLPC's are to
actually end up in real rural areas where they are supposed to go. There
is no electricity. The kids will probably have to wind-up their OLPC's,
so if you want a mesh network that is always on, even if the notebook
is switched off, your options are probably limited. Even here in South
Africa there are lots of areas where people do not have power at their
homes or schools or other public buildings.

John
--
John Hay -- (spam-protected) / (spam-protected)