[Olsr-users] Olsr-users Digest, Vol 6, Issue 1

Marc Manthey (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 27 07:12:27 CET 2007

On Nov 27, 2007, at 6:07 AM, Aaron Kaplan wrote:
> well to be fair, it was nobodies idea at MIT/OLPC to keep it closed .

hello all,
sure not , Aaron

> It was AFAIK the only chipset which was usable and they were bound by
> marvell's NDA. See: http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/46  (heck, I already
> know that ticket number by heart now)

  there was an interesting article  a while ago
 > One proprietary laptop per child?
<http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/286/>

but this  reminds me of the "Atheros case"  , explained here :
<http://madwifi.org/wiki/About/HAL>

just my 2 cents

Marc

--
"Reality is what, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
Failure is not an option. It is a privilege reserved for those who try."

web: http://www.let.de