[Olsr-users] 2-hop routing not working

Christian Niephaus (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 20 17:50:07 CET 2007

Hi all,

I have a small mesh network with just 4 Nodes and OLSR 0.5.4 on the nodes.

The setup is as follows:

- node 1 has a connection to node 2 and 3, but not to 4
- node 4 has also a connection to node 2 and 3, but not to 1
- node 2 and 3 can reach every node

So usually Node 1 should know a 2-hop Route to 4 via 2 or 3 and vice versa.

In the olsr debug output everything looks good. Node 1 has 2 and 3 as
neighbors and 4 as a 2-hop-neighbor, which can be reached via 2 or 3. But the
route doesn't appear in the kernel routing table, like the other routes to
the direct neighbors.

My (small) olsr config file looks like this:
#----------------------------------------
DebugLevel              5
IpVersion               4
AllowNoInt              yes
LinkQualityFishEye     0

IpcConnect
{
        MaxConnections  1
        Host            127.0.0.1
        Net 10.147.112.0 255.255.255.0
}

LinkQualityLevel  0
UseHysteresis no
Interface "ath0"
{
}

Is there anything wrong with the config? Any other ideas?

regards,
Christian