[Olsr-users] OLSR Pro Active autoconfig news?

Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 16 20:14:49 CET 2007

On Nov 16, 2007, at 7:56 PM, Alex . wrote:

>>> I'm very surprised by this, i would have thought that this feature
>>> would have been the icing on the cake for many.
>>
>> yup!
>>
>> As a reminder: there is still a bounty open for this ip autoconfig
>> plugin
>> in our OLSR-NG project: http://wiki.funkfeuer.at/index.php/OLSR-NG
>>
>> please submit your solutions!
>
> So if i understand correctly, OLSR-NG is actually the continuation of
> OLSR's development rather than a fork?
> A research project that gets reintegrated into the main branch once
> it's considered stable enough? :-)

sort of.

> In any case, how does the bounty works? Are there sponsors? :-)
> Is it working like this: http://www.i2p.net/bounties ?

it works like that:
you have a solution / idea and want to enhance olsrd in the following
areas which are not already taken:

- ip autoconfig plugin/mechanism/addition
- better secure plugin (I was thinking of eliptic curve crypto, or
maybe something like TESLA)
- better support for windows, porting to windows CE (and all kinds of
plattforms) and many other embedded devices  (routerboard? osbridge?)
- making olsrd multi stack capable (ipv4 and ipv6)
- a better / improved plugin for visualizing the olsr clouds

if so, contact me personally and we will discuss things. You will
have lots of space and very little given directions.
The "contact me personally" comes from the fact that in practice you
might have a better proposal than I could write down in any public
available bounty description.

In the end I will only ask you to publicly show in front of the olsr
coders community that your solution is good and your solution has to
go thru bernd's quality assurance.
Your solution should *work in practice* and be tested. The whole
thing is pretty informal but there is a strong focus on good code and
demonstrated functionality.

There is a reasonable amount of cash (*) involved depending on the
size / work of your solution.

(*) euros! not dollars :)