[Olsr-users] Active copy of the Links/Routing table

David Murray (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 15 03:01:10 CET 2007

Mr Bernd, your sir, are a genius.

Turns out it was quite a simple problem. As soon as I used strace I got
the following error message "(TXTINFO) From host(127.0.0.1) not
allowed!". It never occurred to me that I would have to allow the
localhost IP address. So I configured 127.0.0.1 as an allowed IP and
bingo!

While I don't think that I will be trying to collect this information
from another PC, I am interested to find out why it was not working
when I was explicitly allowing the IP addresses on connected PC's. My
testbed nodes have two wireless interfaces. It seems that OLSR works a
little like OSPF in that it picks the highest IP for its identifier.
This is the address that I always configured as allowed. Nonetheless, I
will have a bit more of a play around with it.

Thanks again for your time and effort Bernd

Dave