[Olsr-users] Active copy of the Links/Routing table

David Murray (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 13 07:32:14 CET 2007

Bernd,

I am quite sure that the plugin is installed correctly as it is telling
me the plugin and the parameters when I start olsr. Output:

OLSRD txtinfo plugin 0.1 by Lorenz Schori
Checking plugin interface version:  5 - OK
Trying to fetch plugin init function: OK
Trying to fetch parameter table and it's size...
Sending parameters...
"accept"/"10.173.54.111"... Got IP address 10.173.54.111
accept: OK
Running plugin_init function...
---------- LIBRARY olsrd_txtinfo.so.0.1 LOADED ----------

-- ALL PLUGINS LOADED! --

I also know that the port is open as when I nmap my host I can see
"2006/tcp open  invokator" however I am still getting nothing when I
wget the host on port 2006. I have tried both locally and from another
pc.

When I take the "-qO -"(quiet) bit out of my "wget localhost:2006 -qO
-" command I am getting the following error message:

wget localhost:2006
--23:21:58--  http://localhost:2006/
           => `index.html'
Resolving localhost... 127.0.0.1
Connecting to localhost|127.0.0.1|:2006... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... Read error (Connection reset by
peer) in headers.
Retrying.

So it looks to me like there is something there to at least reject my
connection. Do you think it is still rejecting the connection based on
the Ip address? Surely if I am using wget on my localhost then this
will bypass IP addressing filters. I have also tried using wildcast
parameters like 0.0.0.0 for PlParam "accept" but this has not helped.

Thanks

Dave

PS: Another question, I have been thinking of starting from scratch
writing a plugin starting with the tutorial here
http://www.olsr.org/docs/olsrd-plugin-howto.html
however I am little unnerved by the warning saying that it is outdated
since 0.4.10. Is this tutorial no longer helpful?