[Olsr-users] Active copy of the Links/Routing table

David Murray (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 12 16:10:54 CET 2007

>> I am prototyping some stuff at the moment integrating routing and
>> channels. What is the best way of getting an active copy of the routing
>> table and links. Basically, I just want the output provided by default
>> when you run OLSRD in a form that can be sorted with regular
>> expressions. Is this table stored anywhere else other than sent to
>> STDOUT?
>
> Did you look at the output of the txtinfo plugin?
> Other than that the usual strategy is to make your own which delivers
> what you need in the ways you want (e.g. dot_draw and httpinfo also
> produce similar parts for different "applications").
> Parsing STDOUT implies lots of used resources inside OLSRD (to generate
> the debug output where you throw 80% away).
>
> 	Bernd
> --

Thanks for the response Bernd, I have now had a look into txtinfo. It
looks like it might do what I need but I have been unable to get it
working yet. I have done a make and a make install and I have edited
/etc/olsrd.conf with the settings in README_TXTINFO. But I have a
couple of questions.

The PlParam "accept" "IP address" configuration that goes in the
configuration file. I presume the "IP address" bit we put in the IP of
the machine that is going to access it.

Then presumably when olsrd is running we should be able to "telnet
127.0.0.1 2006" or "wget localhost:2006 -qO -" to get the output in
different forms. When I try to telnet I get:

wimesh-2:~# telnet 127.0.0.1 2006
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

When I wget the command line just sits there doing nothing. Is there
something that I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Dave