[OLSR-users] Interface configuration

David Murray (spam-protected)
Wed May 2 05:09:52 CEST 2007

Hi

I have read through Tonnesen's Masters thesis and the OLSR
documentation but I still have a few questions about the configuration
of network interfaces in OLSR.

I have a 3 node test setup here, each node has 2 wireless cards running
MADWiFi drivers. I was testing out OLSR routing in this network
however, I found that I was only able to form routes when for each set
of network interfaces used different subnets for each wireless link.
After reading Tonnesen's thesis, I was under the impression that OLSR
used host routes and not network / aggregated routes. Is it possible I
did something wrong? Also, is ad hoc mode the only wireless mode that
OLSR will work over or can WDS mode also be used.

Thanks for your time

David Murray