[Olsr-users] Calculating LQ in 0.5.0 (Was: olsrd-0.5.0: LQ largerthan 1.0)

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 1 13:40:23 CEST 2007

Hi Aaron,

before voting "bullshit" based on paper + pen, you should run that thing on
a real node. I'm more the practical guy as you know - and I'm not out for
academical merits. We all use that little change, since I included this
within all packages / firmwares I've published since mid-2006. As usual -
there's plenty of room for mistakes of course.

Should be easy to compile two different versions of olsrd. Run for 10
minutes. Then estimate, if the ETX value reaches faster the expected
long-time-ETX-value or not. I remember also having trouble to do the math
and fiddled with a "fast-start effect" - wild ETX changes in the first
minute(s) - the reason for the factors.

// Sven-Ola