[OLSR-users] captured Packet Sequence number in olsrd-0.4.10 implemenation

shuprabha shakya (spam-protected)
Wed Jan 31 20:09:44 CET 2007

Hi,

  I was trying to capture the olsr packets running the olsrd-0.4.10 implementation in few wireless nodes to calculate packet loss. On capturing packets, i found a great disorder in the sequence number [from any partiular neighbor].  The new packet sequence number is sometimes very big with difference of even 1000 and sometimes very less.

  I thought to consider the packet with large diffrence as noise, but sometimes, the later packets comes sequencially after that huge diference. So, the pattern is un predictable.

  A/o RFC, the sequence number is simply incremented for new packet, so why such difference is coming?

  Did anybody faced this prob? and anybody manage to calculate packet loss properly?

  Is this the capturing prob or olsrd implementation problem?

  i tested by capturing packets using pcap and also verified from wireshark(ethereal).

  shupa

shupa