[OLSR-users] Multi-Radio Multi-Channel support in OLSR???

Rajesh Narayanan (spam-protected)
Tue Jan 30 23:19:09 CET 2007

no offense, but try explaining that to the multitude of mesh networking
vendors that tout multi-channel multi-radio :-). They work and they work
well! So I dont agree with your assessment as its too simple.

You are right about bleedover. There is definitely some cross channel
interference that has been studied. But I dont think it justifies not
looking at multi-radio multi-channel systems. 802.11b/g has only 3
non-interfering channels, while 802.11a has 11 (I think). So the channel
distribution you are talking about is when there are interfering channels.
These are the issues that an intelligent channel allocation scheme will need
to take care of.

Thanks,
Rajesh.