[OLSR-users] Anyone tried two nodes with internet connection?

Rajesh Narayanan (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 11 21:25:29 CET 2007

:-)

This is precisely the question that I have been myself thinking since
yesterday. I thought of going back to routing fundamentals to see if there
is a good answer. So far I have not been able to think of anything except a
'not so clean hack' that would sound soemthing like this:

1. Write a script to ping (dyn-gw already does this) on the default WAN
interface.
2. If Pings succeed dont do anything
3. If ping fails then delete the default route.
    - This is the part you were talking about. HOW DO I RECOVER??
    - Since if I delete the route then the pings are not going out of this
interface anyways.
4. The hack is as follows:
    - every 5 mins add the default route.
    - test ping through that interface
    - if successful then leave it
    - else, delete the default route again.

I know this is BAAAAAAAAAAAD, but all I want is that I should use the OLSR
link only as a redundancy mechanism. Whereing if my DSL/Cable connection
dies then I use my neighbors (who would be running olsr too of course) to
reach the internet.

Thanks,
Rajesh.