[Olsr-users] Number of Timeouts

kloschi (spam-protected)
Wed Aug 15 15:42:27 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 14:35 +0600, Aaron Kaplan wrote:
> look at the different intervall timers:
> hellointervall, tc etc.
>
> hope it helps,
> a.
>
> PS: actually would an (optional) parameter named "mobilityspeed" or
> so make sense?
> Then we could automatically tune the TCInt, HelloInt etc. all by one
> single parameter.
>
> comments? wishes?

would be great!
as we had a real world scenario last week at the cccamp07, and as soon
as a number of notebook-olsr clients were moving around the traffic got
routed by them and the whole network slowed down (because of weak
antennaes and fast moving people :)
we worked around that by adding an LQ multiplier to the notebook's
olsrd.conf.

regards,
kloschi

[snip]