[OLSR-users] Strange problem with the dyn_gw plugin

stn21 (spam-protected)
Mon Sep 18 14:49:14 CEST 2006

Hi Sven-Ola,

thank you, it seems I found the problem: my router Draytek Vigor 2200E
blocks UDP, as you said.
Windows-Tracert works because that uses ICMP, not UDP. Other linux-PCs
cannot traceroute either.

According to http://www.draytek.com.au/faq.php?category_id=26&faq_id=160
this is a fact. "UDP is blocked for security reasons". There is no
switch in the firmware to activate UDP, neither according to that page
nor did I find one. So apparently there is no workaround for this.

The draytek-site suggests using mtr instead of traceroute: MTR
(http://www.bitwizard.nl/mtr/). I have not checked this option.

As far as I can see this would mean that the freifunk-dyn-gw-plugin will
not function properly if the internet is accessed through this type of
Draytek-Router.

Stefan