[OLSR-users] ipv6 on freebsd

John Hay (spam-protected)
Mon Sep 4 21:06:39 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to add FreeBSD IPv6 capabilty to olsrd. I mostly have the
easy part working. With that I mean it seems to work on a single
interface and I don't add direct routes to the kernel... yet

I have a few questions though.

Why don't you use link-local addresses and link-local multicast for
the transport of the routing packets? It would seem a better fit
and might make life easier with multiple interfaces.

On the multiple interfaces subject. On FreeBSD and I guess the other BSDs
too, it is easier to listen on one socket and use the recvmsg() call to
get the packets and figure out where they come from and which interface
was used. Isn't there a way to rather use that?

Thanks.

John
--
John Hay -- (spam-protected) / (spam-protected)