[OLSR-users] auto ip address assignment

Roar Bjørgum Rotvik (spam-protected)
Thu Oct 5 21:42:56 CEST 2006

Gaspard, Bradley S wrote:
> Auto ip address assignment has been a recurring topic on this list and I too
> am interested in trying to develop a plugin for it. I think I have read
> everything on this topic going back a year or so on this list and like
> Andreas's suggestion for a KISS solution using DHCP and olsrd for forwarding
> the DHCP requests/responses.

Hi,

I work for the company (Thales Norway AS) that Andreas worked for
(summer job) while he developed our IP auto config solution (PAA -
ProActive Autoconfig).

This was a closed source solution that we could not open up due to a
patent application pending.
But now this is not a problem any more (PAA is not patented) and we are
prepared to open source this solution.

PAA consists of a plug in for olsrd and a standalone daemon handing the
logic.

I'm currently working on preparing the code for release (primary add
license, locate public place for the code and such), but do not have a
releasedate yet. But probably within two-three weeks.

OLSRD is BSD licenced now (right?). Does this means that the plugins
must have the same license?

--
Roar B. Rotvik