[OLSR-users] Re: Networking help on Metrix Mesh

James Wilson (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 15 15:54:10 CET 2006

Hey Ben,

I was wondering what kind of bandwidth you're getting with the dual
radio (per router) configuration ?  I've implemented a small 5 node mesh
each with single radios, forcing traffic to go through multiple nodes,
the throughput is horrible !   I get 6 or 7 mbps going through 1 hop,
anything more it drops to 300kbps   :(  How much better does a dual
radio setup function  ?

Sorry I can't answer your original questions.  #2  If R1 gets DHCP from
your ISP, why couldn't you use R1 as your default gateway ?

Thanks,

James Wilson