[OLSR-users] Securing the OLSR interface

Vijay Kolaventy (spam-protected)
Fri May 19 22:50:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have just finished setting up a mesh with just three
mesh routers. Everything is working fine. My only
worry is security. The two main constraints are:

1. Is there something like WPA for Ad-Hoc networks?

2. How can I secure the OLSR Interface?

I have been searching the net for some clue on setting
up WPA or similar security for the Ad-Hoc network. So
far I could not find any. All I did was to just
disable the ssid broadcast.

I atleast want to prevent users from connecting to the
SSID be able to access the network. For example, the
olsr interface has a IP address 192.168.0.1. So if
somebody sets 192.168.0.2 to his laptop and connects
to the wifi network he will be able to access the
network. Somebody please let me know how to prevent
this.

Best regards
Vijay