[OLSR-users] Management of OLSRD through IPC

Joerg Pommnitz (spam-protected)
Fri May 5 11:06:49 CEST 2006

Hello all,
I'm left wondering what's possible with the IPC mechanism in OLSRD. From
reading ipc_frontend.c I gather that this currently only good for
monitoring, e.g. it will only send routing information to the (GUI-)
client. IPC is not (yet) a full administration interface. Is this correct?

What I want is full runtime configurability of OLSRD from a client
application: add/remove network interfaces, change variables and so on.
Basically OLSRD should be able to run without any local configuration at
all and be brought into a usable state through IPC allone. Is this
planned?

Thanks and kind regards
  Joerg