[OLSR-users] dot draw connection problem

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Fri Mar 31 00:46:21 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 14:25 -0800, Drew wrote:
> The netstat didn't return anything, and here are greps of the output of:

Which simply reveals that no one is listening on that socket. Whta CPU
do you have? Little or big endian?

> strace -o strace_out9 -s 64 olsrd -d 9
> Doesn't look like there's any bind() to 2004 happening.

Yep. Just for the next time or in general an `egrep -w 'socket|bind|
listen|accept'` would be even more informative since we can see the
calls in the correct sequence (but I cam't see what this could have
helped here).

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 12:49 -0800, John Clark wrote:
> Drew schrieb:
> > I'm having problems connecting to the dot draw plugin from the
> > olsrd-plugin package found here:
> > http://www.skyhub.de/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/net/olsrd-plugin_0.4.10-1_i386.deb
> >

> > When I put this into the olsrd.conf:
> > LoadPlugin "olsrd_dot_draw.so.0.3"
> > {
> >    PlParam     "port"  "2004"
> >    PlParam     "allow" "127.0.0.1"
> >    PlParam     "allow" "localhost"
> > }
>
> The dot_draw function can only have one 'allow' address. I don't know
> what happens

Looking in the source, I can only find that the plugin acepts "accept"
as a (legal) parameter and not "allow". And it wants an ip address in
dotted quad notation (and no hostname).

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services