[OLSR-users] volunteers needed for mesh project in Portugal

Filipe Sampaio Rodrigues (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 27 12:34:56 CEST 2006

Community of OLSR users,

Our community is looking for volunteers or "low-cost" consultants to
assist us in developing and deploying a mesh network in our 10.000 town
(in rural Portugal).
We have successfully enrolled the local authority and people into the
project. The city council has agreed on granting the use of their optic
fibre as the trunk for the network. And local people are agreeing on
paying for the equipment regarding they get VoIP and broaband internet
at an affordable rate.
We haven't decided on the details for the project yet and we lack the
technical competences to carry it. And we cannot afford to pay for cisco
products/assistance or any other solution's vendor.
Recently we've deployed a few wrt54g with freifunk firmware, and latelly
with DD-wrt, running an asterisk´ PBX to handle the VoIP. But we need
something more reliable and robust.
We believe to have the right conditions for a perfect town level mesh
network project. But we need technical assistance on designing the
network, and selecting (both hardware and software) and setting the
components.
As a non profit organisation we are not in conditions to raise funding
nor paying for professional consultants.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any question or suggestion.

thanks a lot,
filipe
(spam-protected)