[OLSR-users] Bellman-Ford instead of Dijkstra?

Benjamin Henrion (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 13 17:09:49 CEST 2006

Cedric Krier <(spam-protected)> [060613]:

> I think that there is a problem with this kind of configuration.
>
> For example, look if A wants to connect to F.
> There is  2 possible routes with the same weight :
> A-B-F and A-E-F
>
> So if A choose the first, there is no problem because for B the shortest
> path to F is the ethernet interface.
> But if A choose E, then the shortest path for E to join F is :
> E-A-B-F
> So E will resend the packet to A, etc...
>
> There will be a loop in the routing. I don't know if there is a way to
> be sure that A will take the good route to prevent the loop.

Maybe this idea would help to fix the problem you point:

http://carlstrom.com/stanford/quals/mirror/swig.stanford.edu/pub/summaries/networks/bellman_ford.html