[OLSR-users] Non-OLSR ad-hoc client

Joe Bush (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 7 15:34:42 CEST 2006

So far I have gone under the assumption that wireless clients connecting to
the OLSR network must also run OLSR. This seemed somewhat logical, but
I was disappointed not to be able to use my PocketPC on the network.

I just tested out a theory, however. Since each machine/ap running
OLSR is essentially a router on top of an ad-hoc client, I configured
my PocketPC to use a nearby node as my gateway.

This worked painlessly to get my PocketPC on the internet. I have,
unfortunately, not found any documentation that states that this is a
desired function of OLSR, but am very happy that this works.

Sorry if this post seems obvious to anyone. I figured that I may not
be the only one to interpret it this way and wanted to share my
experience.

If there is a link to some good. practical documentation, please send
a link. I haven't been able to find much concrete stuff.

Joe