[OLSR-users] Host vs. Network route propagation with OLSR

kloschi (spam-protected)
Sat Jul 22 19:07:09 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 22:42 +0200, Andreas Tønnesen wrote:
> > I'm not sure I understand all of your second paragraph. It seems to
> > me you're suggesting that each link between two WRT nodes have it's
> > own small subnet shared between the two nodes.  If so, you might have
>
> No - what I'm suggesting is that we still do multihop ad-hoc routing, but
> host-routes are not added for the routers since none of the routers(or
> clients) are interested in talking directly to other routers. Therefore
> only HNA enries has to be filled into the routing tables, this will make
> sure multihop routing sill works dynamically and is basically just olsrd
> without host routes.

Just for my understanding - would that mean the WRTs are not directly
accessable by IP anymore? if so, imho that wouldn't be the best to do,
because the nodes are getting more and more used to host small stuff,
like wikis, nanoblogs etc. ..

or am I just totally confused?? hehe, 35 degrees in shadow doesn't make
thinking easier :)

kind regards,
kloschi