[OLSR-users] Host vs. Network route propagation with OLSR

Val Schmidt (spam-protected)
Thu Jul 20 22:31:35 CEST 2006

Thanks Andreas!

Now that I see your explanation its beginning to make sense. I'll
configure HNA entries for the non-meshed networks and see how that goes.

I'm not sure I understand all of your second paragraph. It seems to
me you're suggesting that each link between two WRT nodes have it's
own small subnet shared between the two nodes.  If so, you might have
a look at http://sssg1.whoi.edu/swap. We combined a collection of
open source software to do just that but used ospf as the routing
engine. A daemon called aladin (from sown.org) dynamically configured
an IP address and 4-address subnet to network interfaces on either
side of the link when a new link was detected.  It works well most of
the time, but quagga's ospf daemon has been problematic in removing
routes when links are lost.

Thanks again,

Val